Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
An especially sleek portrait-length prime, the 56mm f/1.4 DC DN is part of Sigma's Contemporary series of lenses, and is designed for use with APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The lens is characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, which suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers improved control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus techniques. The optical design utilizes two aspherical elements and one SLD element, which help to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations for greater sharpness and clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting in order to achieve more contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions. Complementing the optics is a stepping AF motor, which suits both photo and video applications due to its quick, precise, and near-silent performance.
Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Key Features:
Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Specifications:
- Portrait-length prime is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides an 84mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects.
- One SLD glass element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations, which provides greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
About SRS Microsystems
Established in 1981 as a truly independent company, the people at SRS have over 100 years experience selling and using photographic equipment. We are now one of the leading independent photographic retailers in the UK. We are a British company, paying British taxes, supporting the British economy and the High Street. WE ONLY SELL UK SOURCED PRODUCTS - NO GREY IMPORTS HERE!!
We can take payment over the phone with a credit or debit card (most accepted apart from American Express) - please call after you have purchased to pay. To pay over the telephone, the items ordered can only be sent to the address that the card is registered to. This is only available for UK purchases to UK addresses. If delivery is required to another address, we can only take Paypal payments, and the delivery address needs to be selected via your Paypal account.
Items can be collected from our retail shop in Watford. If you wish to do this, the item has to be paid for in-store via a credit or debit card. We cannot take Paypal payments if goods are collected from us. We are very happy to ship our products to countries in the European Union. We fully insure all products hence the additional postage costs. There may be the odd occasion where postage may be higher than quoted. If this situation occurs, we will contact you giving you details of additional costs. If this is not acceptable, we would be happy to offer a full refund.
You may return any product you have purchased together with any accessories and any supplied free gifts within 30 calendar days of delivery for any reason (including if you simply change your mind). To do so you must notify us in writing either by email or post within those 30 calendar days. You will then be entitled to a refund from us, which will be paid as soon as possible, but in any event within 30 days.
You must pay the costs of returning the products to us on request, and accept the fee returning process to allow us to claim back our selling costs. While in your possession, you must keep any products you intend to return to us in the condition they were supplied by us. Items for return must be in original packaging with all labels and packaging intact.
- Focal Length: 56mm (Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 84 mm)
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Camera Mount: Sony E (APS-C)
- Angle of View: 28.5 degrees.
- Minimum Focus Distance: 50cm
- Optical Design: 10 Elements in 6 Groups
- Filter Thread: 55mm
- Weight: 280gms